Earlier today, I shared a post on Facebook raving about Facebook ads and how awesome it is to wake up to sales in the morning :)
Throughout the day, quite a few people have reached out to me asking all sorts of questions about Facebook ads, if I could share some of my favourite tips, what works best for me, and so on. So I thought this would be a great opportunity to share one of my #1 Facebook ads hacks with you—a super simple trick that takes only a few minutes to implement, and that can help you boost your sales and conversion rates when promoting your offers on Facebook.
What I’m talking about is the famous Facebook pixel, or, to be more specific, re-targeting an audience of people who already know you and your work (and who tend to be more ready to buy from you than people who haven’t heard from you before).
There are quite a few options in the Facebook ads manager, but here’s my favourite: Re-targeting people who have visited your website in the recent past.
Here’s how to do it:
Setting Up the Facebook Pixel on Your Website for Facebook Ads Re-Targeting
- Open Facebook in Google Chrome.
- Find the link to the ads manager (should be somewhere on the left side of your news feed).
- Click ads manager in the top left corner, then select pixels.
- Click Create Audience.
- In the drop-down, select “anyone who visits your website”, including your domain is optional (the pixel should work even if you don’t), include traffic from the last 30–90 days (mine is currently set to 90 days), enter an audience name.
- Click Create Audience to save your settings.
- Go to Set Up Pixel. Copy the pixel code to your clipboard. Close the pop-up window. (Additional settings aren’t necessary at this time unless you know what you’re doing.)
- Paste the code in the appropriate area in your website admin area. If you’re using WordPress, this will be somewhere in your theme settings. Alternatively, you can use a plugin like Facebook Pixel by PixelYourSite.
That’s it! You can now start growing your audience and re-target it with your Facebook ads once it’s large enough.
Some More Facebook Ads Tips
♡ Facebook ads are great to promote low cost offers (e.g. products or single sessions). However, keep in mind that you do want to make a profit, so price your offers high enough for your investment to be worth it. (Experiment to find out what works best for you.)
♡ Limited time offers convert better. Always give your people an incentive to take action NOW.
♡ Your budget doesn’t need to be huge to start with. Even $5 a day can make sales :)
Let me know in the comments if you have any questions!