Want to go live on Facebook but don’t have a smart phone that supports live videos? No problem: As I recently found out, it’s possible to stream videos from your computer with just a few simple tricks.
Because I had so much fun hosting my first Facebook live video today, I felt inspired to show you how to do it in a short tutorial. Here goes:
How to Stream Facebook Live Videos from Your Computer in 12 Easy Steps (Quick Instructions)
- Download Open Broadcaster Software here.
- Install the software on your computer and open it.
- Go to Settings › Stream & choose Facebook Live as your service.
- Go to this page and locate the blue Facebook Live Button (near the top of the page).
- Click on the button & choose where you want to post your live video (e.g. your timeline, Facebook group or Facebook page). Then, click next!
- Wait a few seconds until the stream key appears. Copy it and then go back to the Open Broadcaster Software on your computer.
- Navigate to Settings › Stream if you’re not already there, and paste the code you just copied into the stream key field. Click OK to save your settings.
- Click the Start Streaming button (located in the lower right hand corner).
- Go back to the Facebook pop-up window and wait until your video preview appears.
- Hit Go Live whenever you’re ready. (If your computer asks you whether or not you want to stay on the page, select leave page.)
- Congratulations, you are now live!
- To end the live stream, go back to the Open Broadcaster Software and click the Stop Streaming button (located in the lower right hand corner).
Congratulations! You just streamed your very first Facebook live video from your desktop computer! :)
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below!